-   -   countif and then tell me the order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132517-countif-then-tell-me-order.html)

Little pete

countif and then tell me the order

hi

I would like to perform the following (difficult to explian)

I have a list of records with random numbers between 1 to 4 attached to
them. I want to at each record level to know if it is either a 1 or a 2 or a
3 or a 3 which is easy it is a vlookup type. But then I want to know at each
record level if the first record numbered "1" is the first number one record
or the 50th number one record. i.e

Rcd Order of record (where the formular goes)
1 1
4 1
3 1
3 2
4 2
2 1
1 2
3 3
1 3

Difficult to explain, but thanks if you get the idea

Sandy Mann

countif and then tell me the order

For the Order of Records try something like:

=COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)

--
HTH

Sandy