-   -   CountIf not Equal to. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132504-countif-not-equal.html)

Pendelfin

CountIf not Equal to.

Please can someone give me a clue as to where I am going wrong with the
following formula.

=COUNTIF(C2:C3863,"<"&G3)

I want to count in column C all thee cells that do not equal G3.

Many Thanks in advance

E-Coder

CountIf not Equal to.

Your formula looks fine. What results are you seeing?

"Pendelfin" wrote:

Please can someone give me a clue as to where I am going wrong with the
following formula.

=COUNTIF(C2:C3863,"<"&G3)

I want to count in column C all thee cells that do not equal G3.

Many Thanks in advance

David Biddulph[_2_]

CountIf not Equal to.

Formula looks right, assuming that you're trying to count cells only within
that range which meet your criterion, and that your criterion is to comprare
with the contents of C3, not with the string "G3".
What's the problem?
--
David Biddulph

"Pendelfin" wrote in message
Please can someone give me a clue as to where I am going wrong with the
following formula.

=COUNTIF(C2:C3863,"<"&G3)

I want to count in column C all thee cells that do not equal G3.

Many Thanks in advance

Don Guillett

CountIf not Equal to.

You didn't say what the problem was. I assume it was counting blanks as
numbers
try
=SUMPRODUCT((C2:C22<G3)*(ISNUMBER(C2:C22)))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Pendelfin" wrote in message
Please can someone give me a clue as to where I am going wrong with the
following formula.

=COUNTIF(C2:C3863,"<"&G3)

I want to count in column C all thee cells that do not equal G3.

Many Thanks in advance

Pendelfin

CountIf not Equal to.

Appologies to All, I missed read the result and thought it had only removed
1 number from the total count of rows. The formula is working ok.
Appologies again