-   -   find ranking (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132465-find-ranking.html)

Kumbu

find ranking

I want to find ranking or position for my students in a class. So do i do
that in excell.

Max

find ranking

One way is to use RANK (Check up this function in Excel's Help)

Briefly, to get you going ...

Assume your student scores are listed in B2:B10

Place in C2: =RANK(B2,$B$2:$B$10)
Copy C2 down to C10
This returns a descending order rank,
ie highest score will be given a rank = 1

Place in D2: =RANK(B2,$B$2:$B$10,1)
Copy D2 down to D10.
This returns an ascending order rank,
viz lowest score will be given a rank = 1

Duplicate scores (if any) will be given the same rank
(Check up more on this in Excel's help)
--
Max
Singapore
"Kumbu" wrote:
I want to find ranking or position for my students in a class. So do i do
that in excell.

Chip Pearson

find ranking

I have a variety of formulas for ranking in lists. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson