-   -   copying formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132420-copying-formulas.html)

newyorkjoy

copying formulas

thanks for all your previous help. Now, here is the question.

I need to copy a formula down about 29,222 rows. How do I do that without
having to drag the fill handle from row 1 through row 29,222?
--
newyorkjoy
thanks for the help!

Vergel Adriano

copying formulas

You can do it with a macro.

Sub DoFillDown
Range("A1:A29222").FillDown 'Fill Down from A1 to A29222
End Sub

"newyorkjoy" wrote:

thanks for all your previous help. Now, here is the question.

I need to copy a formula down about 29,222 rows. How do I do that without
having to drag the fill handle from row 1 through row 29,222?
--
newyorkjoy
thanks for the help!

Michael

copying formulas

After copying your formula, select the first cell to copy to in the column,
scroll down 29,222 rows, hold down the shift key and select the last cell.
All cells in between will be selected. Click paste. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"newyorkjoy" wrote:

thanks for all your previous help. Now, here is the question.

I need to copy a formula down about 29,222 rows. How do I do that without
having to drag the fill handle from row 1 through row 29,222?
--
newyorkjoy
thanks for the help!

Gary''s Student

copying formulas

say we have a formula in A1 and we want to copy it to A2 thru A29000
1. select A1 and do the copy
2. go to the address bar ( just to the left of the formula bar) and type in
A2:A29000
this will select the big range
3. just paste
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708

"newyorkjoy" wrote:

thanks for all your previous help. Now, here is the question.

I need to copy a formula down about 29,222 rows. How do I do that without
having to drag the fill handle from row 1 through row 29,222?
--
newyorkjoy
thanks for the help!

Gord Dibben

copying formulas

I find this easier......couple less steps.

Type the formula in A1

Type A1:A29000 in name box and hit ENTER.

CTRL + d to copy down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP