-   -   How do I transpose Comma Separated Data in each cell and delete t. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13242-how-do-i-transpose-comma-separated-data-each-cell-delete-t.html)

randy

How do I transpose Comma Separated Data in each cell and delete t.

I need to switch a names list in each cell:
[LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME]
[FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME] (no comma),
preferably into two cells:
[FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]

Jason Morin

Last Name:

=LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

First Name:

=MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,999)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I need to switch a names list in each cell:
[LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME]
[FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME] (no comma),
preferably into two cells:
[FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]
.

CyberTaz

You may be able to just select the column of names and use DataText to
Columns. Specify Comma Delimited in first & second step |:)