-   -   Inserting carriage returns in Excel cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13237-inserting-carriage-returns-excel-cells.html)

Alyce

Inserting carriage returns in Excel cells

How do you insert a carriage return within an Excel cell?

Peo Sjoblom

Alt + Enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Alyce" wrote in message
How do you insert a carriage return within an Excel cell?

Alyce

I knew there must be a very simple way of doing it. Thanks so much.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Alt + Enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Alyce" wrote in message
How do you insert a carriage return within an Excel cell?

JudithJubilee

Hello there,

Use Alt + Enter.

Hope this helps

Judith

How do you insert a carriage return within an Excel cell?
.

Rookie_User

Inserting carriage returns in Excel cells

How might one do this electronically -- lets say you want to add two columns
together into a third column - but rather than concatenate into one string
they need to appear in the third column as the following.

col1 col2 col3
A B A

Any idea's?

"Alyce" wrote:

I knew there must be a very simple way of doing it. Thanks so much.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Alt + Enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Alyce" wrote in message
How do you insert a carriage return within an Excel cell?

Roger Govier

Inserting carriage returns in Excel cells

Hi

Try
=A1&CHAR(10)&B1
Format the cell with the formula, FormatCellsAlignmentWrap text

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Alyce" wrote:

I knew there must be a very simple way of doing it. Thanks so much.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Alt + Enter

Peo Sjoblom