-   -   Comparing Field Contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132318-comparing-field-contents.html)

Wayne Taylor

Comparing Field Contents

This is my scenario:

I have a sheet with a e-mail field and another sheet with another e-mail
field (from different sources)

I want to know what (if any duplications exits), does anyone have any
suggestions how to do this in excel?

Thanks

Toppers

Comparing Field Contents

One way: assume column A of sheets 1 & 2 contain your e-mail addresses then

In column B of Sheet1:

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1)

This will return 0 if no match found or 1 (or more) if one or matches are
found.

You could filter on 0

HTH

"Wayne Taylor" wrote:

This is my scenario:

I have a sheet with a e-mail field and another sheet with another e-mail
field (from different sources)

I want to know what (if any duplications exits), does anyone have any
suggestions how to do this in excel?

Thanks

Wayne Taylor

Comparing Field Contents

Hi Toppers,

Thnaks for that, I've just had a quick play in a test spreeadsheet, I'll see
how it works on the real thing..

Thanks Very Much!