-   -   I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1322-i-cant-use-englisch-function-names-swedich-version-excel.html)

PE

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel

Hi,
Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a
sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the
error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try
to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the
englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the
sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name.
Thanks Pelle

Frank Kabel

Hi
this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see:
http://www.contextures.com/functions.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

PE wrote:
Hi,
Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a
sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the
error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try
to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the
englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the
sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name.
Thanks Pelle

Dave Peterson

KeepItCool has a translation addin at:
http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool