-   -   Conditional Formatting for Softball Statistics (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132134-conditional-formatting-softball-statistics.html)

RJBohn3

Conditional Formatting for Softball Statistics

We are keeping our season's softball statisitcs on the head coach's computer.
We want to higlight a group of stats (i.e. batting average) and have the
highest one with the cell filled in. I've expereimented with several
formulas I've seen here. IT either does not work or we get several cells
highlighted even though they are of different values. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank You.

T. Valko

Conditional Formatting for Softball Statistics

Suppose the averages are in the range A1:A5 -

A1 = .455
A2 = .427
A3 = .510
A4 = .400
A5 = .301

Select the range A1:A5
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A1<"",A1=MAX(A$1:A$5))
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out