-   -   Data Points in Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/131908-data-points-chart.html)

Mike

Data Points in Chart

What's the maximum number of points allowed on one line in a Chart in Excel
2007? Note: nax is 32000 in Exel 2003.

Jon Peltier

Data Points in Chart

The chart-related limits have not changed in Excel 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Mike" wrote in message
What's the maximum number of points allowed on one line in a Chart in
Excel
2007? Note: nax is 32000 in Exel 2003.

Mike

Data Points in Chart

Jon, thanks for your reply. I s there someplace where I can send a
suggestion to change this. This is a significant limitation for me. ///mlh
--
Michael L. Hotaling

"Mike" wrote in message
What's the maximum number of points allowed on one line in a Chart in
Excel
2007? Note: nax is 32000 in Exel 2003.

Jon Peltier

Data Points in Chart

I think it's already on their minds. With Office 2007, they spent so much
time implementing the extensive new UI, that they ran out of resources to
make all of the changes they intended.

- Jon
-------

"Mike" wrote in message
What's the maximum number of points allowed on one line in a Chart in
Excel
2007? Note: nax is 32000 in Exel 2003.

Jon Peltier

Data Points in Chart

Could you work around this by using multiple series which are formatted
identically? You can have a total of 256k points in a chart. That's enough
to cover each pixel on a chart with multiple markers, assuming 1-pixel wide
markers. It's probably also enough to choke Excel 2007's chart redrawing
functionality, from what people have reported on these forums.

- Jon
-------