-   -   Pivot table "restricted" output (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/131587-pivot-table-restricted-output.html)

mit05

Pivot table "restricted" output

Hi,
In the row area I have the fields Product, Country and Month.
In the data area I have the fields Sales_Act (Sum of) and Sales_Bdg (Sum of).
How can I get in pivot table the only products, countries and monthes that
have Sum of Sales_act between $ 9,000 and $ 40,000?

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot table "restricted" output

You could filter the values in Excel 2007, but if you're using an
earlier version, that feature isn't available.

For earlier versions, you could add a field to the source data, to
calculate the total for each product/country/month combination. For example:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($G$2:$G$50=G2),--($D$2:$D$50=D2),--($F$2:$F$50=F2),$L$2:$L$50)

where product is in column G, country in D, month in F and sales in L.

In another column, test the results against your minimum and maximum
values, e.g.:
=AND(H2=MinVal,H2<=MaxVal)

Add the test field to the page area, and select TRUE from the dropdown list.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures