-   -   Time duration formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13143-time-duration-formula.html)

Ska

Time duration formula

I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment
duration, from a given start date to the current day.

many thanks

Bob Phillips

Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--

HTH

RP

"Ska" wrote in message
I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment
duration, from a given start date to the current day.

many thanks

Ska

Thanks Bob,
I have used the formula but have come across another small problem, i have
an emplyee who has been with us twice so has one period and now an ongoing
period of emplyment , what i would like to do is add both periods together to
get the total duration worked with us. Hope you can help.

Ta
Stu