-   -   15 digits??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13121-15-digits.html)

muckali

15 digits???

I was just noticing that I can not enter more than 15 digits in a cell, the
16th always changes to zero. Why is this, and is there any way to fix this?

All sugesstions are welcome, but I also want to keep it in the format of
"0000 0000 0000 0000" I've been doing this by making a custom format.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Earl Kiosterud

It has to be text. A number can have only 15 decimal digits. Either
precede it with an apostrophe ('), or pre-format the cell (Format - Cells -
Number tab) as text.

--
Earl Kiosterud