-   -   Excel. How to round a number to nearest half number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/131031-excel-how-round-number-nearest-half-number.html)

HaraldS

Excel. How to round a number to nearest half number?

Not always up or always down!

bpeltzer

Excel. How to round a number to nearest half number?

With the Analysis Tool Pak add in you can use =mround(A1,0.5).
Otherwise, I'd double the number, round, then divide by two: =round(2*A1,0)/2

"HaraldS" wrote:

Not always up or always down!

HaraldS

Excel. How to round a number to nearest half number?

Thank you!!! This will help me!

"bpeltzer" wrote:

With the Analysis Tool Pak add in you can use =mround(A1,0.5).
Otherwise, I'd double the number, round, then divide by two: =round(2*A1,0)/2

"HaraldS" wrote:

Not always up or always down!