-   -   Excel 97-2003 files won't open in 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/130986-excel-97-2003-files-wont-open-2007-a.html)

Dwyndl

Excel 97-2003 files won't open in 2007?

I saved an excel file as 97-2003 but now it won't open with excel 2007. How
do I get it to open?

Roger Govier

Excel 97-2003 files won't open in 2007?

Hi

What error do you get?
I have saved and opened lots of files from XL2007 in 97-2003 format
without any problem - so far.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dwyndl" wrote in message
I saved an excel file as 97-2003 but now it won't open with excel 2007.
How
do I get it to open?

Dave F

Excel 97-2003 files won't open in 2007?

One problem I've had with opening XL 03 files in XL 07 is if I already have a
spreadsheet open in XL 07, and am in the middle of editing a formula, and
then try to open another workbook, XL 07 seems to hang up on me.

Don't know if that's the problem here, though.

Dave

"Dwyndl" wrote in message
I saved an excel file as 97-2003 but now it won't open with excel 2007.
How
do I get it to open?

Dwyndl

Excel 97-2003 files won't open in 2007?

It tells me that the .xls file that I am trying to open is not formatted
properly.

What I did was open a file from my flash drive, which I have been using for
months. This file was working fine and I saved the info back to my flash
drive as a 97-2003 file so I could still use it with other computers. When I
went in a few minutes later to make another change it wouldn't open properly.
If I tell it to ignore I get a page with a lot of "y"s. Today I tried to open
the file here at work with excel 2003 and it is doing the same thing. I fear
that I have lost my info and it is very important.