-   -   Prevent Saving (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/130872-prevent-saving.html)

muniz

Prevent Saving

Hi there.

I've got a shared sheet that many ppl access daily, but I'm the only
one that should be able to change it (and I do it rarely).

I hate those messages when you open the file asking if you'd like to
input a password to open the file with write access, or to enable a
macro. I'd like to protect the file in a way that it only asks for a
password when I want to overwrite the file.

It's not like I want some great protection, as I know that anyway
someone can simply delete the file and replace it (and I believe anyone
here will do sth like that), I just want to ppl know that they shouldn't
mess with this file, and to know if someone changed it (so I can get my
backup).

Can anyone help me out ?

--
muniz