-   -   Is it possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/130127-possible.html)

Jaleel

Is it possible?

I have some figures from Cell A1 to Cell C4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

Is it possible to get these figures from Cell E1 to Cell G4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

This option is required to solve another problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Jaleel

Toppers

Is it possible?

What are the "rules" for moving the data?

"Jaleel" wrote:

I have some figures from Cell A1 to Cell C4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

Is it possible to get these figures from Cell E1 to Cell G4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

This option is required to solve another problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Jaleel

Jaleel

Is it possible?

Hi,

Thanks. The rule is:

Avoid the blanks and fill the range, giving preference to the right most
column towards left.

I hope it is clear.

Jaleel

"Jaleel" wrote:

I have some figures from Cell A1 to Cell C4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

Is it possible to get these figures from Cell E1 to Cell G4 like this:

A B C
5 3 8
3 7
8

This option is required to solve another problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Jaleel

MartinW

Is it possible?

Hi Jaleel,

If I understand you correctly, all you need is to put =A1 in cell E1
then drag it down to E4 then highlight E1 and drag across
to G1 then highlight E2 and drag across to G2 then highlight
E3 and drag to F3

HTH
Martin

Jaleel

Is it possible?

Hi Martin,

Thanks. If I do as you said, what difference it will make? It will put a
zero in place of blank cells. I need to get the the very next figure in the
left side, in place of the blanks.

Is it still vague?

Regards,

Jaleel

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Jaleel,

If I understand you correctly, all you need is to put =A1 in cell E1
then drag it down to E4 then highlight E1 and drag across
to G1 then highlight E2 and drag across to G2 then highlight
E3 and drag to F3

HTH
Martin

MartinW

Is it possible?

Hi Jaleel,

Yes it is still vague. Please explain fully how your data is displayed
and what outcome you are trying to achieve.

Regards
Martin