-   -   How do I add a carriage return into a cell in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13006-how-do-i-add-carriage-return-into-cell-excel.html)

pm

How do I add a carriage return into a cell in Excel?

I have tried the <ALT 0010 but I keep getting 'L' appearing instead of a
'hard carrige return' (which I understand will be invisible).

Please help - it's driving me nuts! (I am using Excel 2003)

Paul B

pm, try Alt+enter
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"pm" wrote in message
I have tried the <ALT 0010 but I keep getting 'L' appearing instead of a
'hard carrige return' (which I understand will be invisible).

Please help - it's driving me nuts! (I am using Excel 2003)

Chip Pearson

Use ALT+ENTER.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"pm" wrote in message
I have tried the <ALT 0010 but I keep getting 'L' appearing
instead of a
'hard carrige return' (which I understand will be invisible).

Please help - it's driving me nuts! (I am using Excel 2003)

Dave Peterson

And in a formula:

=a1&char(10)&b1