Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't right click cells in the spreadsheet and I don't know why

I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My best guess is that you have some kind of VBA code hijacking your right
click menu. One culprit for doing that is Essbase. Let us know if you have
any addins plugged into your Excel.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sally84" wrote:

I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would guess that some add-in or file has disabled or otherwise messed with
your menu. Open the VBA Editor (ALT+F11), then open the Immediate Window
(CTRL+G), and type in each of the following lines, pressing ENTER after each
line:

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=True
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

It is also possible that an add-in is picking up the BeforeRightClick event
and setting the Cancel parameter to True. To test this, type the following
in the Immediate Window in VBA, and press ENTER.

Application.EnableEvents=False

Now go back to Excel and try right-clicking. If it works, then some add-in
is hijacking your right-click menu. Go back to VBA and enter the command
above, but change False to True and press ENTER.

In Excel, go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck each one,
testing the right-click function after unchecking each add-in. When your
right-click menu function comes back, you'll have found the add-in that is
hijacking the menu. If this doesn't work, do the same thing with COM Add-Ins
(you may have to add in the COM Add-Ins menu item to your Tools menu).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Sally84" wrote in message
I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sally

I think you are able to right-click in your sheet.

Now the question is..........what does or does not occur when you right-click?

No menu drops down? See below to reset.

A menu drops down but options are grayed out?

Maybe the sheet is protected.

Can you access the commands from the Edit menu?

If no menu appears with a right-click you shoud try re-setting the r-click.

Hit ALT + F11 to go to the VBEditor.

Then ViewImmediate Window.

Copy/paste this line into the window and hit <enter

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

OR copy/paste this sub to a module and run it.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:21:02 -0800, Sally84
wrote:

I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't right click cells in the spreadsheet and I don't know

This is an easy solution

go to the essbase menu and select options

go to the global tab and deselect enable Secondary Button and enable Double
clicking

select OK

Essbase Hijacks those function, to reset it for essbase user do the opposite
of above,

you can also contact me at and I wil send you an add-in
that will place a button on your toolbar that will allow you to switch
between excel and essbase mode without having to go thru the options

wrote:

I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, February 9, 2007 at 10:21:02 AM UTC-5, Sally84 wrote:
I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

The easiest way to fix this issue is by renaming Excel's XLB File Extension.

Example - (old) Excel15.xlb (new) Excel15.OLD

This will force excel to re-create the XLB File and your right click menu will return guaranteed

This file is located usually in the following location:
C:\Users\Your User Account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, February 9, 2007 at 10:21:02 AM UTC-5, Sally84 wrote:
I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!

The second option of entering both command lines worked perfectly for me. Thanks!