-   -   What's the max number of activations does Microsoft allow? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129886-whats-max-number-activations-does-microsoft-allow.html)

RayM

What's the max number of activations does Microsoft allow?

Recently purchased Office 2007. Unfortunately we have to reinstall a couple
of times due to some hardware problems. Is there a limit to the number of
reinstallation/activations? Thanks for your help.

M Scott

What's the max number of activations does Microsoft allow?

If you reinstall, the activation key sent shouldn't change to what you did
with the first install. It would possibly generate a different key if you
changed a piece of hardware on that computer. You officially can install
Office 2007 on 3 PC's for home use.

"RayM" wrote:

Recently purchased Office 2007. Unfortunately we have to reinstall a couple
of times due to some hardware problems. Is there a limit to the number of
reinstallation/activations? Thanks for your help.

JoAnn Paules

What's the max number of activations does Microsoft allow?

Bad information. That *only* applies to the Home and Student edition.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~