-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129865-conditional-formatting.html)

[email protected]

Conditional Formatting

I am trying to color one cell based on two conditions to be true in
two seperate cells. For example change cell A to red if cell B is
greater than 9 and cell C is greater than 2. I figured that much out
with this statement. =AND($D$17=9, $F$17=2). I have two
questions: 1. Is it possible to drag this condition to apply much
like a formula or autopopluation does in excel, rather than having to
manually enter the similar formula for each text cell that I want to
change under those same conditions? 2. Can I add a condition to that
formula so that the cell color will change under two
circumstances...for example, if (B 9 and C 2) or (4 < B < 8 and C
4)?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

JE McGimpsey

Conditional Formatting

You can choose to make either columns or rows, or both, relative, so
that you can apply the format to different rows/columns. For instance if
you copy

=AND($D17=9,$F17=2)

down, XL will adjust the row numbers (but not the Columns, if you drag
across).

You can use more complex criteria, as in your example:

=OR(AND($B19, $C12), AND($B14, $B1<8, $C14))

In article . com,
wrote:

I am trying to color one cell based on two conditions to be true in
two seperate cells. For example change cell A to red if cell B is
greater than 9 and cell C is greater than 2. I figured that much out
with this statement. =AND($D$17=9, $F$17=2). I have two
questions: 1. Is it possible to drag this condition to apply much
like a formula or autopopluation does in excel, rather than having to
manually enter the similar formula for each text cell that I want to
change under those same conditions? 2. Can I add a condition to that
formula so that the cell color will change under two
circumstances...for example, if (B 9 and C 2) or (4 < B < 8 and C
4)?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

[email protected]

Conditional Formatting

Thanks, I think that helps out a lot, I modified it to fit my criteria
and used the drag down option to populate multiple cells.

Thanks again!

michael