-   -   Rounding to millions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129778-rounding-millions.html)

Ken W

Rounding to millions

I want to round numbers to millions, with one decimal point, and negative
numbers in black in parentheses. How do I do this?

Bob Phillips

Rounding to millions

##0.0,,;[Black](0.0,,)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken W" wrote in message
I want to round numbers to millions, with one decimal point, and negative
numbers in black in parentheses. How do I do this?

Samad

Rounding to millions

Hi Ken
Rounding Numbers to Millions

To round a numbers to millions:

1. Press Ctrl+1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. Select the Number tab, and from Category, select Custom.
3. In the Type box, enter the following Custom Formatting syntax:

Result:
€¢ Original number: 5,645,625
€¢ The displaying formatted number: 6

Note: The number formatting syntax is: