-   -   Calculations in different sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129675-calculations-different-sheets.html)

geezey

Calculations in different sheets

I am working in 2 worksheets: sheet1 has my data and sheet2 has
summation, count functions etc.
Is it possible to do calculations sheet2 from the data on sheet1?
If so, how do I call the data?

Niek Otten

Calculations in different sheets

=SUM(Sheet1!A1:A3)

On Sheet2, enter =SUM( DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET!, click the tab of Sheet1,drag over A1:A3, then press the )

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"geezey" wrote in message ups.com...
|I am working in 2 worksheets: sheet1 has my data and sheet2 has
| summation, count functions etc.
| Is it possible to do calculations sheet2 from the data on sheet1?
| If so, how do I call the data?

Sean Timmons

Calculations in different sheets

You can do the calculations that way, but be warned that some functions
require both sheets to be open in order to return a valid results.

Easiest way is to begin the formula, then click on the sheet you want to
reference and select the desired cells.

Basically, it'll put Sheet1! in front of the calculated cells...

"geezey" wrote:

I am working in 2 worksheets: sheet1 has my data and sheet2 has
summation, count functions etc.
Is it possible to do calculations sheet2 from the data on sheet1?
If so, how do I call the data?

john the confused

Calculations in different sheets

yes, in the formulas refer to the sheet by name with an ! at the end.
EG if you want the value of cell a1 from sheet i in sheet 2 the formula
would be =Sheet1!A1.

The easy way to do this is to start in the cell where you want the answer
and start your formula. then click on the sheet 1 tab and the cells you want.
Excel will add the sheet names for you
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)