-   -   formatting cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129521-formatting-cells.html)

prana1

formatting cells

Thanks for all the help!! I got one for ya:

How can I format cells so they have at most 2 decimals places? So, if it is
a whole number, it will not add .00 at the end:

So,
4.14 = 4.14,
2 = 2, not 2.00

Thanks all you guys!

David Biddulph

formatting cells

I can't think of a way of doing it purely by formatting, but you could use
=ROUND(A1,2) and format as General.

That would round 4.142 to 4.14 and display it as 4.14, but it would leave 2
as 2 and display it that way.
--
David Biddulph