-   -   Excel 2000 help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129416-excel-2000-help.html)

Ammo2004

Excel 2000 help

How do you formulate a cell to automatically insert the current date? (Not
in Header/Footer but in a cell of the actual body of the worksheet)

I want my form to automatically insert the current date each time I update it.

Dave F

Excel 2000 help

=TODAY() or =NOW()

Note that these formulas update every time a workbook is opened/saved.

Dave

"Ammo2004" wrote:

How do you formulate a cell to automatically insert the current date? (Not
in Header/Footer but in a cell of the actual body of the worksheet)

I want my form to automatically insert the current date each time I update it.

Gary''s Student

Excel 2000 help

Let's say you want cell A1 to contain the date whenever any cell on that
sheet is changed. In worksheet code put the following macro:

Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("A1").Value = Format(Now(), "dd mmm yyyy")
Application.EnableEvents = True
Gary's Student
gsnu200704

"Ammo2004" wrote:

How do you formulate a cell to automatically insert the current date? (Not
in Header/Footer but in a cell of the actual body of the worksheet)

I want my form to automatically insert the current date each time I update it.

Dave F

Excel 2000 help

Does this have any advantage over just entering =NOW() in A1?

Dave

"Ammo2004" wrote:

How do you formulate a cell to automatically insert the current date? (Not
in Header/Footer but in a cell of the actual body of the worksheet)

I want my form to automatically insert the current date each time I update it.

Gary''s Student

Excel 2000 help

The poster want the date entered only when the sheet has been updated.
Putting a formula in the cell will cause it to change everyday, whether other
cells have been updated or not.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200704

"Ammo2004" wrote:

How do you formulate a cell to automatically insert the current date? (Not
in Header/Footer but in a cell of the actual body of the worksheet)

I want my form to automatically insert the current date each time I update it.

Dave F

Excel 2000 help

Thanks for the explanation.

Dave