-   -   Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129256-adding-up-entries-one-column-conditions-two-columns.html)

The Fool on the Hill

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)
--------- -------------- -------------
1 12 6
2 11 6
3 14 5
1 11 4
1 11 6

How much numbers have been closed in week 6 with priority 1?
In the above example it is 12+11 =23.

How can I get this information, by using sumproduct?

Please help me !

Thanks!

john the confused

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

Have a look at sumif.

Should look like =SUMIF(A1:A5,1,B1:B5)

--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)
--------- -------------- -------------
1 12 6
2 11 6
3 14 5
1 11 4
1 11 6

How much numbers have been closed in week 6 with priority 1?
In the above example it is 12+11 =23.

How can I get this information, by using sumproduct?

Please help me !

Thanks!

Teethless mama

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100=1),--(C2:C100=6),B2:B100)

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)
--------- -------------- -------------
1 12 6
2 11 6
3 14 5
1 11 4
1 11 6

How much numbers have been closed in week 6 with priority 1?
In the above example it is 12+11 =23.

How can I get this information, by using sumproduct?

Please help me !

Thanks!

Bob Phillips

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

=sumproduct(--(c1:C10=6),--(A1:A10=1),B1:B10)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote in
message ...
Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)
--------- -------------- -------------
1 12 6
2 11 6
3 14 5
1 11 4
1 11 6

How much numbers have been closed in week 6 with priority 1?
In the above example it is 12+11 =23.

How can I get this information, by using sumproduct?

Please help me !

Thanks!

john the confused

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

Sorry, misread the part about the week number
--

"john the confused" wrote:

Have a look at sumif.

Should look like =SUMIF(A1:A5,1,B1:B5)

--
John
MOS Master Instructor
Please reply & rate any replies you get

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)
--------- -------------- -------------
1 12 6
2 11 6
3 14 5
1 11 4
1 11 6

How much numbers have been closed in week 6 with priority 1?
In the above example it is 12+11 =23.

How can I get this information, by using sumproduct?

Please help me !

Thanks!

The Fool on the Hill

Adding up entries in one column with conditions in two columns

Hello Teethless,

Perfect, this is the answer I was looking for !

Sorry John, your answer did not help me ! Thanx for the effort !

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100=1),--(C2:C100=6),B2:B100)

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Hello Excel(lent) users,

I want to know the following
A (Priority) B (numbers) C (week)