-   -   split one excel into two files. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129245-split-one-excel-into-two-files.html)

Miri

split one excel into two files.

hi,
i would like to have the data of one sheet in other excel file.
i left the sheet name but delete all the data and names of it.and put it in
other excel file(lets call it Data file).
i created a macro that open the Data file and copy it to the original
existing tab.
i have #REF problems in other sheets that suppose to use the data. it might
be Naming problem.
do you have an idea how should i solve it?
I tried also to leave the names in the original file. but ref problems still
exist....
--
Miri Tz.

CLR

split one excel into two files.

The way I normally copy a sheet to another book is just do right-click on
the sheet tab, and follow the pop-ups, selecting to copy, and paste to
another filename.........however, if the original sheet has links to other
sheets in the original book, you will get the #REF! errors.........only way
around that is to edit the respective formulas.....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Miri" wrote:

hi,
i would like to have the data of one sheet in other excel file.
i left the sheet name but delete all the data and names of it.and put it in
other excel file(lets call it Data file).
i created a macro that open the Data file and copy it to the original
existing tab.
i have #REF problems in other sheets that suppose to use the data. it might
be Naming problem.
do you have an idea how should i solve it?
I tried also to leave the names in the original file. but ref problems still
exist....
--
Miri Tz.

Martin Fishlock

split one excel into two files.

Miri:

One way is to copy the file outside excel and rename it then adjust the data.

But firstly you have to change all the links to the old data to the new data
file.

Then delete it.
--
Hope this helps