Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to insert the file properties into a cell for printing.

How can I retrieve file properties for printing in Excel spread sheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First off.........save a backup of your workbook.

Then use this User Defined Function

Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

'=DOCPROPS("last author")
'or
'=DOCPROPS("last save time")
'or
'DOCPROPS("creation date")

For a list of other properties that may be available(not all are), run this
macro.

Sub props()
rw = 1
Worksheets.Add
For Each p In ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties
Cells(rw, 1).Value = p.Name
rw = rw + 1
Next
End Sub