-   -   "Pulling" up dependent information from several rows to one row YI (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129204-pulling-up-dependent-information-several-rows-one-row-yi.html)

Angi

"Pulling" up dependent information from several rows to one row YI

I have a worksheet that lists parent and dependent information (name,
address, DOB, etc) all on one row with the parent information repeating for
each dependent. I need to move all of the dependents to the same row as the
parent so that I do not have more then one line per parent. Any ideas if
there is a formula or macro I can use to basically pull the dependent
information up into new columns if the parent ID is the same?? Doing this
manually for over 5,000 records seems like a pain.

I also tried to pull all the information into an access database and then
spit it back out the way I wanted but quickly gave up on that option as I
realized I was in WAY over my head with my limited access knowledge.

I appreciate any help you can give me!
Thanks for taking the time to read =)

Angi

"Pulling" up dependent information from several rows to one row YI

Any thoughts on using a data mining software for this...such as Monarch???
I'm getting desperate...sniff sniff