-   -   Avg where question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129176-avg-where-question.html)

Tammy

Avg where question

I posted this question a minute ago, but it never appeared, so I'm reposting.
thanks

On my spreadsheet, Column A contains airports, Column F contains percentages.

I want my spreadsheet to look for every instance of DFW in Column A and then
average the percentages found in Column F.

I came up with this but it's not working
=AVERAGE(A2:A65000,"dfw",N2=F2:F65000)

Don Guillett

Avg where question

It appeared. See original thread for the answer

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software