-   -   Autofilter for movie database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129166-autofilter-movie-database.html)

[email protected]

Autofilter for movie database

Hi

I am using Excel to create a database for my extensive VHS collection.

Currently i have the following headlines for the movies: Number,
Title, Subtitles, Genre, IMDB Score, My own score.
Like this:

Nr. Titel Subtitles Genre IMDB My own score

3 Once upon a time in America DK Drama 8,3 8
4 Scary Movie 2 DK Comedy 5,1 5
5 Last Boyscout DK Drama 7,9 8
Etc.
Now i can use the autofilter on all of the categories, but what if i
want to add more genres to each movie? I need to be able to filter on
it. I tried adding multiple genres seperated by ; but it didn't work.
If I filtered on drama and the coloum said Drama; Action i didn't show
up when i filtered on either of them. Anyone got an idea of what i can
do?

Debra Dalgleish

Autofilter for movie database

From the AutoFilter dropdown, choose Custom
In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, from the first dropdown, choose
Contains
In the text box, enter a genre
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

T. Valko

Autofilter for movie database

When you filter on Genre, select CustomContains and in the little box next
to it type the genre you're interested in.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I am using Excel to create a database for my extensive VHS collection.

Currently i have the following headlines for the movies: Number,
Title, Subtitles, Genre, IMDB Score, My own score.
Like this:

Nr. Titel Subtitles Genre IMDB My own score

3 Once upon a time in America DK Drama 8,3 8
4 Scary Movie 2 DK Comedy 5,1 5
5 Last Boyscout DK Drama 7,9 8
Etc.
Now i can use the autofilter on all of the categories, but what if i
want to add more genres to each movie? I need to be able to filter on
it. I tried adding multiple genres seperated by ; but it didn't work.
If I filtered on drama and the coloum said Drama; Action i didn't show
up when i filtered on either of them. Anyone got an idea of what i can
do?

Kasper

Autofilter for movie database

Thanks!