-   -   How do I get Excel 2003 to read Excel 2007 files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129069-how-do-i-get-excel-2003-read-excel-2007-files.html)

ex-obolobo

How do I get Excel 2003 to read Excel 2007 files

I installed office 2007 beta. It expired. I then re-installed Office
2003and then downloaded and installed the compatibilty pack
(fileformatconverters). I still cannot read Excel 2007 files. What can
I do?

ShaneDevenshire

How do I get Excel 2003 to read Excel 2007 files

The file structure changed between beta and the final product. The
campatibilty pack is probably for the release version of the 2007. Very
simply put you can't open the files in 2003 anymore. In fact you can't open
the files in 2007. You would need to reinstall 2007 beta, open each file and
save as a 2003 file.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ex-obolobo" wrote:

I installed office 2007 beta. It expired. I then re-installed Office
2003and then downloaded and installed the compatibilty pack
(fileformatconverters). I still cannot read Excel 2007 files. What can
I do?

chasf01

How do I get Excel 2003 to read Excel 2007 files

I have the same problem. Is there anyone out there with a solution short of
reinstalling Excell beta?