-   -   Good Book (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129045-good-book.html)

chefmike

Good Book

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot tables
and vba code?

Thanks

JoeSpareBedroom

Good Book

"chefmike" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot tables
and vba code?

Thanks

For functions, the built-in Excel help systems actually quite good. Have you
looked at it?

chefmike

Good Book

No I have not Thanks I will look into it.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"chefmike" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot tables
and vba code?

Thanks

For functions, the built-in Excel help systems actually quite good. Have you
looked at it?

T. Valko

Good Book

Here's a pretty good list:

http://contextures.com/xlbooks.html

Biff

"chefmike" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"chefmike" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to
learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot
tables
and vba code?

Thanks

For functions, the built-in Excel help systems actually quite good. Have
you
looked at it?

No I have not Thanks I will look into it.

Tip:
Open a blank sheet. Click Insert, Function. Pick a function that interests
you. A dialog box will pop up to help you provide the parameters for the
function. The box contains brief hints. If I recall, there's either a Help
button or a question mark button. Clicking the button will open the actual
help system to a section specific to that function. The trickier functions
often contain some very complete examples for useage.

Bob Phillips

Good Book

For VBA, start at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"chefmike" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot tables
and vba code?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Good Book

Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/

Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/functions.html

chefmike wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any suggestions about a good Excel book to get to learn
how to use the functions and to learn how to write macros and pivot tables
and vba code?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson