-   -   Count Pivot Table Summary fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128941-count-pivot-table-summary-fields.html)

ceh4702

Count Pivot Table Summary fields

In a Pivot Table I am summarizing the Data by Name/ID of the person and each
person may have multiple records. When I count a field like ID I get like 1,
4 or 2 for each person. However, what I want to count is the number of
people, even though their are multiple records. Is there a way to count a
field and skip the duplicated?

Dave Peterson

Count Pivot Table Summary fields

Debra Dalgleish shares a technique: