-   -   Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128894-office-2007-2003-compatibility-problem.html)

Joe

Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem

I have just finished using Office 2007 beta 2 and uninstalled it. Gone back
to my Office 2003 only to find I cannot open Excel or Word docs created with
Office 2007 beta 2. Not even with the Compatibilty Pack installed. Help? Joe

Martin Fishlock

Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem

reinstall the beta and save the files as earlier excel versions or copy and
paste if the worst comes to the worst.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Joe" wrote:

I have just finished using Office 2007 beta 2 and uninstalled it. Gone back
to my Office 2003 only to find I cannot open Excel or Word docs created with
Office 2007 beta 2. Not even with the Compatibilty Pack installed. Help? Joe

Joe

Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem

Thanks for your reply Martin

Sadly, I cannot re-install the beta 2 version as it now no longer exists and
I cannot download a trial copy of Office 2007 as I keep getting the message
"Sorry this site is temporarily unavailable".

Any other ideas?

Joe

"Joe" wrote:

I have just finished using Office 2007 beta 2 and uninstalled it. Gone back
to my Office 2003 only to find I cannot open Excel or Word docs created with
Office 2007 beta 2. Not even with the Compatibilty Pack installed. Help? Joe

Dave F

Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem

Buy Office 2007?

Burn the documents to CD, take the CD to a friend who has Office 2007 and
convert?

Dave

"Joe" wrote:

I have just finished using Office 2007 beta 2 and uninstalled it. Gone back
to my Office 2003 only to find I cannot open Excel or Word docs created with
Office 2007 beta 2. Not even with the Compatibilty Pack installed. Help? Joe

Joe

Office 2007 / 2003 compatibility problem

Thanks Dave

I hadn't thought of doing that.

If I can't find another way at least I now know I haven't lost the files
forever.

Joe