-   -   Empty cell return a value from another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128828-empty-cell-return-value-another-cell.html)

hilltop55

Empty cell return a value from another cell

Re-phrase quesiton.

I want to put a formula in a cell to look at a cell and if it is blank I
want to return the value from another cell if not blank return nothing.

Cell A1 is blank, I want to put a formula in cell c1 that will look in B1
and return to A1 the value of B1. Else do nothing.
--
Thanks for your help.

David Biddulph

Empty cell return a value from another cell

A formula in cell C1 will not write a value to cell A1. It can write a
value to C1, but not to anywhere else.

[And please continue with the previous thread, rather than starting a new
one.]
--
David Biddulph