-   -   Import Indian Rupees as a number format in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1288-import-indian-rupees-number-format-excel.html)

Aditya Khandekar

Import Indian Rupees as a number format in Excel

How do i define a number format in excel for Indian Rupees. I didnt find it
in the drop down menu list in the numbers format.

Fred Smith

Why is it any different from a normal number format? Describe the format you
need to use, and I'm sure someone can help you.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"Aditya Khandekar" <Aditya wrote in
message ...
How do i define a number format in excel for Indian Rupees. I didnt find
it
in the drop down menu list in the numbers format.

David McRitchie

Hi Aditya,

This is for postive numbers only, and there was a recent complaint
that it didn't handle numbers high enough (are we talking about
national debts here).

[=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00; [=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00

(This format separates groups for India/Thailand, format valid for positive numbers up to 99,99,99,999.99 or 999,999,999.99) in
Excel XP see function BhatText as in Thai Bhat currency. =BAHTTEXT(A37) [Rupees, Rs., Paise, lakhs, crores] == an alternative may
be to use Control Panel, Regional Settings, Numbers, digit grouping.

Negative and Positive Numbers can be handled with a subroutine or event macro by Norman Harker.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...GP11.phx.gb l

To see all the links look for the above text in (at bottom of table after)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#cellformat

and a thousand apologies that you will have to look at those with the new
Google Groups Beta, besides other things it has probably changed the
formatting of Norman's macro with extra blank liknes . But I don't think
it is going to point you directly to the article within the thread -- though
haven't examined why, you might get better results with the following
link to Norman's event macro code. You might also check for options
to customize your Google Groups Beta to not use frames if they offer
you a choice in preferences. I can't be looking at that stuff now.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...95eb8560 c81b

HTH,