-   -   How do I convert zip+4 to 5-digit zip? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128761-how-do-i-convert-zip-4-5-digit-zip.html)

mniquette

How do I convert zip+4 to 5-digit zip?

I have a spreadsheet with a column that has a mixture of zip+4 and five-digit
zip. How do I quickly make the entire column just five-digit zip?

John Bundy

How do I convert zip+4 to 5-digit zip?

=Left(A1,5)
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"mniquette" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a column that has a mixture of zip+4 and five-digit
zip. How do I quickly make the entire column just five-digit zip?

Dave F

How do I convert zip+4 to 5-digit zip?

=LEFT(A1,5) and fill down as necessary.

Dave