-   -   links to a powerpoint file in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128742-links-powerpoint-file-excel.html)

Jim in Florida

links to a powerpoint file in excel

I have inserted a link in excel to a powerpoint file. When I click the link,
it runs the presentation. What I wan to do is open the powerpoint file for
editing. How do I configure the link to do this?

JB

"Jim in Florida" wrote:

I have inserted a link in excel to a powerpoint file. When I click the link,
it runs the presentation. What I wan to do is open the powerpoint file for
editing. How do I configure the link to do this?

I know there are probably much better ways to do this, but i figured I'd let
you know the only way i know how to do it....

Instead of a hyperlink you could insert the powerpoint file by:
1) Click Insert
2) Select Object
3) Click Create from file tab
4) Click Browse and select your file
5) Check box "Display as Icon"
6) Click Okay

Now that your ppt file is in your excel document:
- Right click powerpoint icon you just created in your excel doc
- Select presentation object
- Select Convert
- with the Convert to button on the left side marked and the Microsoft
PowerPoint Slide option highlighted, click okay

Then try it out, when you double click the icon it should open up in the
edited version :)

Julia