-   -   preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128533-preserve-formatting-option-pivot-table-option-dialog-box.html)

Dave F

preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

Anyone know what the "Preserve formatting" checkbox does in the pivot table
dialog box? I was just asked this by a colleague and I have no clue....

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Debra Dalgleish

preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

If you don't have that option checked, some of the pivot table
formatting may be lost when you refresh the pivot table.

Dave F wrote:
Anyone know what the "Preserve formatting" checkbox does in the pivot table
dialog box? I was just asked this by a colleague and I have no clue....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave F

preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

That would make sense, thanks.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Dave F wrote:
Anyone know what the "Preserve formatting" checkbox does in the pivot table
dialog box? I was just asked this by a colleague and I have no clue....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Phil vK

preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

No matter if "Preserve Formatting" is checked or not, some, not all of my
formatting of pivot tables gets lost after refresh (Excel 2002). Somebody
once also said "Enable Selection" affects the formatting....that doesn't work
either. Is there a definitive source on how to format and pivot table and
have the formatting hold?

Thanks

Dave F wrote:
Anyone know what the "Preserve formatting" checkbox does in the pivot table
dialog box? I was just asked this by a colleague and I have no clue....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Karen Robertson

preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

I get the message "The Enable Selection button on the Select submenu (Pivot
table menu) is not pressed in."

I have tried every way possible and do not see how to press in this button.
My company has a really old version of Excel 97 SR-2. It has been many years
since I worked with this version. HELP! Every time I refresh, it takes away
the formatting on my pivot.