-   -   Conditional Formating Background Color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128502-conditional-formating-background-color.html)

tankerman

Conditional Formating Background Color

I have three different groups of names that I have to reference (visionally),
I think the easiest way will be by background color. I tried conditional
formating
=OR($a$9="Cumene", "CTLO", "Slack Wax") and then set a background color this
would be group 1(these are different products, each on a different row spread
thru out my sheet, we have 3 different dept. with several different products
in each dept.), I need three different groups. My trouble is getting the
condition to look for the different names in the groups. I can get the
condition to work on 1 name but can not get it to work on several different
names.

Bob Phillips

Conditional Formating Background Color

=OR($a$9="Cumene", $A$9="CTLO", $A$9="Slack Wax")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tankerman" wrote in message
[...]