-   -   formula bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128417-formula-bar.html)

Lulu

formula bar

I'll try again. I am setting up a mail merge taking data from excel 2003 and
merging into a word document. How do I get a figure in a cell e.g. 234.50
which appears in the formula bar as 234.5 to show up in the word document as
234.50 ?

driller

formula bar

try to increase the decimal <click decimal button so it will appear in the
CELL as 234.50...u can try even with something like $1,234.50...
what you see in the CELL may be the same when you copy paste link that CELL
inside a word document
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Lulu" wrote:

I'll try again. I am setting up a mail merge taking data from excel 2003 and
merging into a word document. How do I get a figure in a cell e.g. 234.50
which appears in the formula bar as 234.5 to show up in the word document as
234.50 ?

Gary''s Student

formula bar

I am not sure if a problem exists.

if you place 123.5 in a cell and format it as having 2 decimal places, it
will appear in the cell as:
123.50

If you copy the cell and paste into a Word doc, it will paste in as
123.50
It should preserve the format in Word. In fact, I rely on this to get
as-formatted Excel values!
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Lulu" wrote:

I'll try again. I am setting up a mail merge taking data from excel 2003 and
merging into a word document. How do I get a figure in a cell e.g. 234.50
which appears in the formula bar as 234.5 to show up in the word document as
234.50 ?

David Biddulph

formula bar

=TEXT(A1,"#.00")