-   -   need a formula to get the total $ amount (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128348-need-formula-get-total-%24-amount.html)

FPJ

need a formula to get the total $ amount

Hi,

I have a worksheet that look like this:

A B C
1/2/2006 Vendor $150
1/5/2006 Tooling $210
1/28/2006 Vendor $60
2/12/2006 Vendor $190
2/22/2006 Tooling $200
3/14/2006 Vendor $153

I'd like to get the total $ cost of vendor in the month of Jan.
Please help on how to write the formula.

Thanks in advance.

Don Guillett

need a formula to get the total $ amount

=sumproduct((month(a2:a22)=1)*(b2:b22="Vendor")*c2 :c22)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"FPJ" wrote in message

I have a worksheet that look like this:

A B C
1/2/2006 Vendor $150
1/5/2006 Tooling $210
1/28/2006 Vendor $60
2/12/2006 Vendor $190
2/22/2006 Tooling $200
3/14/2006 Vendor $153

I'd like to get the total $ cost of vendor in the month of Jan.
Please help on how to write the formula.

Thanks in advance.

Dave F

need a formula to get the total $ amount

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A100)="1"),--(B2:B100="Vendor"),C2:C100))

Also you may want to look at pivot tables. More info he

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"FPJ" wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet that look like this:

A B C
1/2/2006 Vendor $150
1/5/2006 Tooling $210
1/28/2006 Vendor $60
2/12/2006 Vendor $190
2/22/2006 Tooling $200
3/14/2006 Vendor $153

I'd like to get the total $ cost of vendor in the month of Jan.
Please help on how to write the formula.

Thanks in advance.

driller

need a formula to get the total $ amount

it looks like something like this

considering month of Jan.
=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A6)=1)*(B1:B6="Vendor"),C1:C 6).

change MONTH(A1:A6)=1, to suit your filter months from 1 to 12..

considering month of Jan. with specific year 2006
=SUMPRODUCT((year(A1:A6)=2006)*(MONTH(A1:A6)=1)*(B 1:B6="Vendor"),C1:C6).

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"FPJ" wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet that look like this:

A B C
1/2/2006 Vendor $150
1/5/2006 Tooling $210
1/28/2006 Vendor $60
2/12/2006 Vendor $190
2/22/2006 Tooling $200
3/14/2006 Vendor $153

I'd like to get the total $ cost of vendor in the month of Jan.
Please help on how to write the formula.

Thanks in advance.

FPJ

need a formula to get the total $ amount

Thanks everybody for your reply. All the formula worked and I used Don's 'cuz
it's
the formula that applies particularly to my problem. Again, thanks all.

"FPJ" wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet that look like this:

A B C
1/2/2006 Vendor $150
1/5/2006 Tooling $210
1/28/2006 Vendor $60
2/12/2006 Vendor $190
2/22/2006 Tooling $200
3/14/2006 Vendor $153

I'd like to get the total $ cost of vendor in the month of Jan.
Please help on how to write the formula.

Thanks in advance.

Don Guillett

need a formula to get the total $ amount

Glad to help but all should give the same answer.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software