-   -   Forms in 2003 vs 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128330-forms-2003-vs-2000-a.html)

mpsmyth6

Forms in 2003 vs 2000

I created templates in excel 2000 with forms (check boxes and command
buttons) but have recently changed to excel 2003. When I open these
templates now, the forms are not coming up at all. Anyone ideas on what is
going on in 2003 that it's not showing the forms created in 2000??

Jon Peltier

Forms in 2003 vs 2000

Would a higher macro security level be preventing them from appearing?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"mpsmyth6" wrote in message
I created templates in excel 2000 with forms (check boxes and command
buttons) but have recently changed to excel 2003. When I open these
templates now, the forms are not coming up at all. Anyone ideas on what
is
going on in 2003 that it's not showing the forms created in 2000??

mpsmyth6

Forms in 2003 vs 2000

No. I've lowered the macro setting down to low and it still isn't showing.
Testing a bit more I think it is anything that I created in excel 2000 using
the "Control toolbox", whereas if I used the "forms" toolbar, it is working
correctly. I inserted a checkbox from both toolbars, and the one from forms
works in 2003, but not from control toolbox. I don't understand why it's
just the control toolbox items.

"mpsmyth6" wrote in message
I created templates in excel 2000 with forms (check boxes and command
buttons) but have recently changed to excel 2003. When I open these
templates now, the forms are not coming up at all. Anyone ideas on what
is
going on in 2003 that it's not showing the forms created in 2000??

Jon Peltier

Forms in 2003 vs 2000

I've never noticed any similar issues with either type of control. I tend to
prefer the Forms controls, though. Simpler and less likely to ultimately
corrupt the worksheet.

- Jon
-------