-   -   File takes too long to open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128298-file-takes-too-long-open.html)

[email protected]

File takes too long to open

Hello,

I had an excel file (v1) with 26 mb that worked well until one day I
had to include some additional data that would work as an option,
therefore I included an option button.

This new file (v2) started to take about 10 minutes to open and worked
really slow, so I had to change it to manual calculation.

I converted the slow file in a much lighter version (vlight) , so the
calculus ist's fast again, but it still takes the same 10 minutes to
open. The original version v1 still opens and moves fast, and has
twice the size of ths one.

I put too much of work in this file so I can't really return to the
original to see what's wrong. Can anyone help?

Thanks

PS: It has no external links. It is a main file of a group of about
six that distributes info.

Dave Peterson

File takes too long to open

Try closing excel and cleaning up your windows temp folder--it might help and it
can't hurt.

windows start button|Run
%temp%
is a quick way to get there.

And here are a couple of sites that discuss slow performance. The first is by
Charles Williams and the second by David McRitchie:

http://www.decisionmodels.com
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

--

Dave Peterson