-   -   Horizontal Data arranged Vertically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/128150-horizontal-data-arranged-vertically.html)

DoooWhat

Horizontal Data arranged Vertically

I have searched some of these posts, but nothing quite works the way I
want it to. I can't really get the TRANSPOSE function to work.

I have a large list of data in one sheet that moves horizontally. I
want to drag a formula down the left-most column in a separate sheet
that references the horizontal data set (ex. B1:AE1). The data in
question is a set of dates. I want those dates to be listed
vertically on the new page.

Max

Horizontal Data arranged Vertically

Something alone these lines should work fine ..

Assuming horizontal source data in Sheet1's B1:AE1

In Sheet2,
Put in any starting cell, eg in B2:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$1:$AE$1,ROW(A1))
Copy B2 down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"DoooWhat" wrote:
I have searched some of these posts, but nothing quite works the way I
want it to. I can't really get the TRANSPOSE function to work.

I have a large list of data in one sheet that moves horizontally. I
want to drag a formula down the left-most column in a separate sheet
that references the horizontal data set (ex. B1:AE1). The data in
question is a set of dates. I want those dates to be listed
vertically on the new page.

Max

Horizontal Data arranged Vertically

OP's response ..