-   -   The selected area grows when I click a cell or press keys to move. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12815-selected-area-grows-when-i-click-cell-press-keys-move.html)

yendorexcel

The selected area grows when I click a cell or press keys to move.

The F8 function key seems ineffective in turning of the extended-selection
function.
I'm using Excel 2000 SP3
I should by grateful if someone would advise me how to terminate this feature.

Debra Dalgleish

You could try downloading and installing a new version of the mouse
driver, if one is available from the manufacturer's web site. Or, try a
new mouse and driver on the machine.

David McRitchie also has some suggestions on his web site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

R.VENKATARAMAN

we had a similar problem in one of our computers(windows98-excel 2000).we
deleted the files in c:\windows\temp folder and rebooted the computer . it
seemed to have become ok. but after some days the same problem arose and we
had to do the same again. I suspect the mouse wheel is the culprit

the information is only episodic and given for what it is worth;.