-   -   Quick pivot table question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127856-quick-pivot-table-question.html)

The Joe

Quick pivot table question

This one is much simpler. Whenever i create pivot tables (and i create a lot)
I want to work with the Sum function 99% of the time. However, it always
defaults to 'Count'. then, when I change the field settings it forces me to
do each one individually. So, my question is one, can you set it so it
defaults to sum? Or two, can you do a multiple line field setting change?
Thanks again.

Debra Dalgleish

Quick pivot table question

You can't change the default settings for the data fields. If a field
contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default to COUNT.
Otherwise, it will SUM.

There's a feature that changes all the data fields to SUM, in the pivot
table add-in that you can download he

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html

--
Debra Dalgleish