-   -   Excel Template problem - update existing record (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127825-excel-template-problem-update-existing-record.html)

[email protected]

Excel Template problem - update existing record

I have an application which uses forms to collect appointment details.
Those details are then collected into another excel spreadsheet using
the template wizard. However, when I open a patients form which has
been previously created via the form template in order to make a change
to the form, the only options I am
given are to 'create new record' or 'continue without
updating'. I do not get the option to update the existing record even
though the file name has not changed. If I create a new record, save it
and then try to update it without closing it, I get all 3 options. How
can I update an existing Record after re-opening the form? This is
necessary because days/weeks/months may elapse between the users
initially creating a patients form and then going back into it to
insert additional data.