-   -   How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127745-how-do-i-stop-my-tab-moving-more-than-one-space.html)

debrale

How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space

When I press my tab key, it moves from A1 to J1. I would like for it to only
move one space to the right when pressed. I am using 2003 excel

Ron Coderre

How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space

Somebody set your Excel to navigate like Lotus 1-2-3

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<transition tab
UNcheck: Transition navigation keys

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"debrale" wrote:

When I press my tab key, it moves from A1 to J1. I would like for it to only
move one space to the right when pressed. I am using 2003 excel

Bernard Liengme

How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space

Use Tools | Options and open the Transition tab; unselect Transition
Navigation Keys (and everything else)
Someone has set Excel to behave like Louts-123 (ug!)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"debrale" wrote in message
When I press my tab key, it moves from A1 to J1. I would like for it to
only
move one space to the right when pressed. I am using 2003 excel

Gord Dibben

How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck all three of the Transition options at bottom half of dialog screen.

The "Transition Navigation Keys" is causing the jumping.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:29:04 -0800, debrale
wrote:

When I press my tab key, it moves from A1 to J1. I would like for it to only
move one space to the right when pressed. I am using 2003 excel

debrale

How do I stop my tab from moving more than one space

That did it. Thanks.!!
"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Somebody set your Excel to navigate like Lotus 1-2-3

Try this:

From the Excel main menu: